Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Used Meade 8" Dob

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ray Cwik on April 17, 2002 17:33:49 UTC

I bought a used (3-4 year old) 8" meade dob about 4 years ago and have no complaints whatsoever. You usually get a good deal and in my case I picked it up locally so I saved on shipping costs. Every little bit helps if you are looking at adding some eyepieces or other accessories.

I've also bought and sold quite a few used eyepieces and accessories on Astromart with no complaints at all. The nice thing about buying used is even if you decide a piece isn't quite what you thought it would be when paired with your scope, you can usually sell it for close to what you paid for it and then get something else.

The only thing you may want to think about is recoating the mirror surfaces. I recaoted my optics last year and noticed some contrast improvement. I'm not sure what the recommended recoat cycle is for your LX. anyway enyjoy your new scope and don't forget to get enough sleep.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins