Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Stellar Spectroscopy

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Matthew Sullivan on February 7, 2002 00:05:13 UTC

Hi people,
A preliminary apology if this is the wrong place for this message. I've been interested in astronomy for many years and finally bought my dream scope within the last year. In addition to observing and CCD photography one area of astronomy I'd like to delve into is observing stellar spectra. I'd love to be able to see firsthand evidence of stars in different stages of formation, irregular events and peculiar physical compositions. However, I have yet to find any star lists or catalogs that go beyond the most basic of spectral classifications (e.g. K2 IV). Does anyone know of any guidebooks and/or atlases geared for an astrophysicist wanna-be modestly equipped with a 10" LX200 and a diffraction grating that go into detail about identifying and classifying the spectra and specific spectral lines of normal and abnormal stars and tell what these star types are actually doing? Anyone else interested or more experienced in this field?

Matt

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins