Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is Your Tasco 114 Computerised?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Koenig on February 2, 2002 03:05:06 UTC

I bought a Tasco 11TR (I believe is the model number) about 11 years ago through some mail order catalogue. It came with some misc parts, gears etc, in case the user wished to add computer goto system. It's a 4.5" reflector, and has a 900mm focal length. About all I ever saw with it was the moon. I did see Saturn, but I had to use the least powerfull eyepiece included. Saturn looked like a fuzzy oval shaped star. I tried the included barlow with no luck. I think the thing probably came out of collmination, and the included eye pieces are junk. Probably with decent eye pieces and a collmination job, it might work OK. Tom is yours computerized?

HOWEVER;
If my %$###@*& 12" LX200 GPS would just finaly be delivered, I wouldn't waste my time with the old Tasco. The Tasco is for sale if anyone is interested, Cheap.

Robert Koenig
Lake Tahoe CA

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins