Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Just Received A Telescope And Was Wondering ??

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Bill Carr/">Bill Carr on October 31, 1998 17:08:35 UTC

I have just been given a telescope and having no idea whatsoever if it is a good one I though I would call on the experts and ask. The telescope I have is a Tasco 302012 It has some other numbers on it that have no meaning to me but they are D=144mm F=900mm. It also has two small lenses and a thing called a Barlow lens x2. The lenses have the following H20mm and SR4mm. If someone could let me know wether a) this is an okay telescope and also b) what I might be able to see using it. ie planets, stars etc. And finally (sorry lot of questions) is what is a good software package that will tell me where to point it and what I am looking at. Once again I thanks for any and all help that you guys (and gals) could give me. Bill Carr

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins