Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Telescopes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Daniel on September 29, 2001 20:43:24 UTC

well we would be using a telescope and with telespoce we can see "back in time".
but ive been thinking of this and i remember someone telling me that, the reason we can't see more than 30% of the night sky.

this is due to the fact that after the big bang, light was unable to travel through the univerese. but now that the universe has cooled the universe has become transparent.
so the reason why if the star does have a planet orbiting it and it is starless to understand why, you have to imagine, that when light from a star has a "light field" around it and this field is traveling outwards in all directions and once the field moves closs to a planet, then we are able to see the star.

ive have said this a number of time's on different forums but people say its wrong, but i guess it could be because im not making sence when i type it out, so tell me if it makes sence to you.?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins