Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Dick Is A Good Name

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael McNeil on September 4, 2001 03:52:24 UTC

I haven't read your stuff yet Aymen but I will. I wrote to an Egyptian archaeologist after his work was aired on a BBCprogramme.

I am able to forecast the weather in the UK from the phases of the moon. Unfortunately the series I posted were upset by the eruptions of a near by volvcano.

I was hoping that he might find some use for it in archealogical dating. Obviously it will prove useless if the eruption of a volcano will upset it.

The trouble with modern science is that it is in the hands of people who insist their ancestors were monkeys. It is no wonder that their work makes monkeys out of them. And to think Adam was a Zoologist with peerless qualifications!

Most temples constucted in the region of Egypt and Babylon take the form of astronomical observatories.

The temple destroyed by Samson seems to fit the description of the use Fred Hoyle ascribed to Stone Henge. The small description of the temple Solomon built also seems to indicate it was for stellar observances.

Since the first description of a science is found in Genesis chapter 1 verse 14; does that make Astronomy the oldest proffession?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins