Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Just A Debate

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eamon Finnerty on July 14, 2001 19:13:28 UTC

Maybe I have a different slant on it not being American but I don't believe it is 'just a debate'. This belief, along with alien abduction, pyramid on Mars and other psuedo-scientific beliefs have to be challenged. Like science they should have proof and be judged on the facts. One of the people pushing this garbage is a self taught physicist who believes that Newton and Einstein knew nothing about physics. To me it is on par with allowing creationism the same standing as the theory of evolution. I believe that some schools in America do this. That would be inconceivable in Britain or Europe. I am all for freedom of expression and keeping an open mind but it seems that the people who belive these things have the most closed minds of all.
Sorry to seem uptight about it but it seems a terrible shame that you allow these idiots to deny one of America's greatest achievement. Not just America's but human. Clear skies.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins