Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
WebSkys - Internet Controlled Robotic Astronomy

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by MCelli on June 14, 2001 23:04:01 UTC

Welcome to WebSkys! I am posting this to introduce you to our company and solicit feedback from the Amateur Astronomy community. Our group is developing the worlds first Global Robotic Telescope Array. Our Phase One plan calls for four sites in Arizona, Australia, Chile and the Canary Islands. Each site will be configured with a cluster of scientific -grade scopes at 16" and 32", with multi-wavelength/multi-purpose capabilities. All will be equipped with bleeding-edge digital imaging systems as well as 24/7 video systems. A ny user will be able to book time and control any of these scopes and have hi-res files downloaded to them. There will also be a number of member services including passive viewing, auto-imaging, 24/7 video streams, virtual logbooks, astronomy club hosting, live broadcasts of celestial phenomenon, guest lectures and a special array of 16" scopes mounted on special hi-speed tracking mounts capable of visually observing low earth orbit objects ie shuttle and ISS. We have a modest website (growing rapidly) that highlights our mission statement and team members. Please check it out
www.webskys.com
This is a community based project, to that end we'd love to hear from you - thoughts, suggestions,criticisms. During this time of development we are also seeking interested investors. If you are interested in an opportunity that combines commercial viability with scientific relevance e-mail me and I can forward a business plan. To everyone else, we'd appreciate your feedback - e-mail me at
mcelli@webskys.com
mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins