Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Greener Grass!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eddie Casey on March 24, 2001 16:13:13 UTC

Hi Yunus, I don't think you are missing much on the clear skies front. We have had unbroken cloud for what seems like weeks now. I haven't personally heard that the south west suffers any worse than the rest of the UK either. To be honest what you will find more of a problem than the weather is light pollution. I have reasonably good skies but do have to contend with one awkward streetlamp. If you stick with the hobby (I'm sure you will) the dark sky will become a lifelong obsession.

The 'new telescope syndrome' hits us all I'm afraid. Actually what this really represents is a realisation of of just how much rarer clear nights are. Before you get into the hobby you won't have given a clear night any thought. It does have one advantage though, when you do finally get that crystal clear night it will be worth the wait! Good luck and CLEAR skies to you. Eddie.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins