Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Tasco Scopes?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eddie Casey on February 6, 2001 14:04:11 UTC

Before everyone responds to a thread with the usual 'tasco is rubbish' answer, remember how a awful lot of amateurs started. I started off in this hobby many years ago with probably the worst refractor ever built! It was nothing more than a toy really but I clearly remember my first views of the lunar surface, the moons of jupiter and many other bright celestial objects. The problem is the cost of good quality astronomical equipment is high, as with most things in life you get what you pay for. If funds only allow a tasco, go ahead and buy one. Remember it's limitations and hopefully it will arouse enough interest to get you hooked and eventually buy that SCT.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins