Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Meade DS-60

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Farrukh Uddin on January 9, 2001 14:09:35 UTC

Yes, I have been looking at Jupiter and Saturn for a while now. Someone told me that Venus and Mars should also be visible with my telescope. Venus is up these days and sets just before the moon does here in Toronto, but its really small with my telescope, just a really bright star. Also, someone told me that I can use a photographic film on my telescope to view the sun in detail directly from the eyepiece (?). Is there a way I can filter out the "brighteness" so that the sun seems like an ordinary planet and I can see the flares and the prominences with this telescope? Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins