Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: More Than One Universe, Matter

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Somebody somewhere/">Somebody somewhere on August 23, 1998 22:08:15 UTC

: : : All matter was created due to a quantum fluctuaion. : : All matter is is energy condensed into slow vibrations to begin with, so if matter is energy and it takes and infinate amount of energy to reach the speed of light, then it would also take an infinate amount of matter to reach the speed of light. agree?

: : That's not exactly true. Light has mass. If you shine light on a : wall, it will push on the wall. In fact if it did take infinite energy : to reach the speed of light, then I don't believe Einstein's theory would : work.

If light truly had mass, then when light was shined on the wall there would a particle of some kind left after the energy was absorbed by the wall, would it not. I think the force you discribed is the result of the energy impacting and being absorbed. The theory I beleive says that as a particle accelerates the more massive it becomes. Thus becoming infinitely massive at the speed of light. Needing an infinite amount of energy to propel it. Why does it become more massive? You say matter is energy in different forms. More or less the samething. Then I guess the trick is learning how to go from one form to the other in a controlled way. Not by brute force but by a natural flow. Maybe it happens all the time, all around us every day, right in front of our eyes, and we don't even notice because it is a common thing that we just don't see right now... Maybe some day.................

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins