Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Re: Astroptx.com--Wholesale Optics

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by dduring4@hotmail.com on August 27, 2000 16:24:31 UTC

Please realize everyone has their own opinion. Here is mine. A year ago I purchesed a Meade 8" LX200 through this company via mail order. When the scope arrived (a Christmas gift for my wife and without the accessory pack), I suspected it had been opened or used as a display model because of the packing. When I phoned the owner he got angry, cursed at me, denied the scope had ever been opened, refused to ship me another without my paying for shipping and hung up on me. I then called Meade directly to advise them of the poor service from this dealer. What a difference in attitude! Meade advised that my scope was indeed a repack, and agreed to send me a new scope from their factory all return and new shipping costs covered! I am a Meade fan now, and will never deal with Astroptx (also known as Pauli`s Discount Optics) again. I`m out of breath now, sorry for the lengthy post:)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins