Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Re: Nexstar 8

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by janbruce@freeuk.com on August 13, 2000 22:00:19 UTC

got nexstar 8 back in early may because of its greater aperture and portability. the scope is easy to use and the software on the nexstar hand controller computer a lot is more friendly than the mead etx autostar i also use.
i got the nexstar scope because i live in londons glare so i need to be able to cart it around in the car and wanted the light grasp without the hastle of taking an hour to set it all up.
its easy to use, great optics and software and even tried it with a ccd for the first time last week and the results were good with tracking on the planets and also one deep space object but i do not expect ccd miricles for a portable unit.
i would be pleased to hear from anyone else who now owns the nexstar 8.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins