Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Life In Alpha Centauri System - You Betcha

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Loki/">Loki on June 24, 1998 19:24:25 UTC

: I would like some expert advise on the existance : of life in the A.C. system. I know that there is : a high propability of the existance of life in : this system, as the condidions there are similar : to those of Sol. Please confirm my point of view.

There are a couple of key questions here to answer first.

Q: Is the chemistry of life unique to our solar system. A: No. Astronomers have spotted vast clouds of the elements and molecules essential to life all over the universe. Physicists have centuries of data confirming that the laws and materials we know of locally are ubiquitous.

Q: Can double (or triple) stars have planets? A: Yes. There is an article in the Update section of NATURE at http://www.nature.com, dated March 13, 1997, on the subject, as well as other recent research done by astronomers (I don't have all the sites and sources handy - sorry). But the answer is a yes. In fact, in many double star

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins