Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: Focuser

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jim on July 2, 2000 01:04:51 UTC

you dont put the eyepieces into the focuser you put the diagonal into the focuser & then put the eyepiece into the diagonal.

Thats what I said in my earlier post about the inexpensive telescopes. What you have is a .956 focuser on a $100 telescope that has a Hybrid diagonal with a .965" barrell and a 1.25" eyepiece holder. it will work with 1.25" eyepieces but the optical quality is probably poor. It will probably cause some vignetting if you use an eyepiece over 25mm in focal length.

My honest opinion is that if you just bought this scope you should take it back and save up a couple of hundred dollars more and get a better scope. it`s really not good for much except looking at the moon & maybe the planets if you`re lucky.

I don,t know how old you are but if you read the text on the Orion web page concerning this scope it says:

"For the curious adolescent or who’s thirsty for views of our solar system “neighbors” and
objects even farther out in space, an Observer 60 provides an affordable opportunity. The
60mm refractor is the classic starter scope, having launched countless young amateur
astronomers on their way to a lifetime of enjoyment in the hobby"

Its really a toy. I have a finderscope on my 6" refractor that is larger.

I mean no offense to you or the scope, this is just my opinion, and the opinion of thousands of other Amateur Astronomers.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins