Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Meade`s 8" LX10 ***** 5 Star

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Awesome telescope! on June 5, 2000 20:47:16 UTC

I have owned my LX10 for over a year now, and it is an incredible telescope, at an incredible value. The quality of the optics are superb, and is basically the same telescope as the MEADE LX50 and the MEADE LX200, only without all the gadgets. The tripod is very well constructed and very sturdy! You can even use this scope for astrophotography. I would probably recommend using a counterweight while using a 35mm camera. The camera`s weight is just a bit too much for the fork lock. Other than that, I would recommend this scope to anybody, weather or not you are a professional astronomer, amature astonomer, or a beginner. Either way, whatever your level of interest, it`s a great telescope! I`m extremely happy with mine.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins