Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Orion Skyview Vs. Meade

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kip Crawford on May 6, 2000 23:41:48 UTC

Depending if you want to track the stars I personally would choose Orion overall in the EQ mounted Newtonian scopes. If tracking isn`t required for you, then perhaps a Skyquest 8" Dobs from Orion. Unfortunatly for Meade their quality has suffered a great deal in their smaller scopes and newts and Dobs. Some folks buy the larger dobs and modify the heck out of them. Their SCT`s are OK to very good quality, but they cost more. I myself have used a Skyview and it was decent for me to use. Have you checked with Discovery telescopes or Telehoon scopes? They`re not bad either. Knowing what I know now and had a choice between Orion or Meade Newts, I would pick Orion. Good customer service too. Good luck!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins