Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Beginning Astrophotographer Advice

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kip Crawford on March 28, 2000 18:58:04 UTC

It can be done. I have taken lunar pics through my 8" Dobs. First of all have you taken "star portriats"? In other words, taken long exposure shots on a tripod or barn door mount? Lunar shots are the easiest to do. Planetary are the hardest. Most pro`s will tell you that planet shots should be attempted last. I concur on that one myself. Out of 50 attempts I have succeded once. Sky shots and star trails shots should be done first to better understand the camera`s characteristics of f/ stops and the right exposre times. Astrophotography can be a real pain with few rewards. It is fun with trial and error. Never be discouraged. As for using a telescope of the size you mentioned that will be a slow focus and you must consider the weight of the camera and camera adapting equipment that can burden the mounts drives. Many things to consider. I apoligize for barely touching the surface here. There are books also you should invest in. Books help alot. Good Luck!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins