Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Orion Telescopes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Nathan356/">Nathan356 on May 1, 1998 00:12:19 UTC

I purchased a ShortTube 80 as my very first telescope. I am very pleased with it. The scope came on the exact day they said it would. Customer support always helpful. As far as I can tell, the optics are quite good for the price. (Nothing unexpected, but has lots of false color.)Quality is excellent. All metal construction. Smooth focuser. Very sturdy and light. Nice quick release finder. Only complaint is the 45 deg prism that comes with it. Although it is correct-image, it makes double images on the planets. Got a 90deg and the image is much better.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins