Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Recommended Eyepieces

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kip Crawford on March 11, 2000 18:11:22 UTC

There many choices to make concerning eyepieces. Depends on your budget really. Normally I would recommend the Celestron Plossl eyepieces, but I found out that they are discontinuing the standard type and going to another vendor. Who, I have no idea. If you want easy to get EP`s then Orion may help you some. The only standard, good quality EP`s they have that are somewhat affordable are the Ultrascopic 5 to 7 element EP. They range from 3.5mm to 40mm. I have tried these before and they are slightly better than standard Plossls. Meades Super Plossls are OK, but I have had the experience that alot of the Meade eyepieces do not accept filters very good. In other words you have to fight getting them on. It seems that the threads neve quite match. Why, I don`t know. It is not the case for all of them. Now if you have some money to burn, then Tele-Vue is a very good EP. Naglers (Panoptic) have a very big eye-relief and wide apparent view. Which is nice but expensive. Get at least a Plossl EP, and use a shorty Barlow. Orion has them and they are very good. If you need more advice go to www.astromart.com and go to forums to equipment. Good Luck & have fun!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins