Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Any Word On A Losmandy GOTO Mount?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Anthony Davoli/">Anthony Davoli on February 14, 2000 02:43:15 UTC

I was a little nervous about posting a message. This was the first time and I messed up my e-mail address. Please respond to davoli@localnet.com. Sorry

: I am the proud owner of a 10" LX200 and have come to rely on some of the many features of this telescope. The GOTO capabilies make CCD imaging so much easier (if that is possible to say). Precise polar alignment is a five minute task using the iteration method. This in itself is enough to make it worth it to spend the extra money for a GOTO mount. The only negative thing that I can say about the LX200 is it falls short in it's carrying capacity. I cringe every time I want to piggy back a guidescope on it. : I heard some rumors that Losmandy may be introducing a GOTO version of their mount. Can somebody share some information with me on this subject?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins