Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Just Bought A Meade 114AZ And Have Not Got A Clue

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott/">Scott on January 22, 2000 18:49:34 UTC

: My wife come home with this telescope from a friends : yard sale and it came with a barlow 3X and only 1 eyepiece a SR4mm. My question is, when I've tried to look thru this, I see nothing. The telescope is a reflector telescope and the lens are there. Is the eyepiece to strong or am I just going about this all wrong? My kids and I would sure appreciate any help.

Hi, I have recently recieved the Meade Telestar 114AZ also. However mine came as a complete set(boxed). I have to agree with the other messages about your eyepiece(4mm). It's way to strong! I have not been able to see any thing through this particular lense either. The original set came with a 25mm(36x), 12.5mm(73x), and the 4mm(228x), plus the barlow 3x lense. So if alls you have is the 4mm and are using the barlow lense, your magnification is 684x!. Somewhat too strong. The primary mirror diameter is 114mm(4.5 inches), and the mirror focal length is 910mm; f/8. I agree with the other comments about getting some less powerfull eyepieces. However the eyepieces are .965" O.D. is size instead of the 1.25 as stated in one of the other messages. I have included a link to some of the pictures I've taken using this telescope with out any camera attatchments, just to show you how much fun you can have with this telescope while just starting out.

• Moon Pictures with the Meade 114AZ

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins