Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Tracking

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Ken Sikes/">Ken Sikes on January 2, 2000 19:54:54 UTC

Last August I purchased a LX50 10" SCT, and after the summer monsoon left, abt 3 weeks latter, I finally got to try it out in the back yard (I live in Phoenix Az) I was sort of impressed (I also have a 10" Cass. with colter optics and a 10" f/5.6 Newt.) anyway in Sept I purchased the Megellan II . After installation I noticed that after pressing the East button I was getting extreme backlash that would send the star back in the opposite direction about 1/2 of the field of view in the eyepiece. This happens on all the speeds except the 2x, or at least noticeable. I also had the problem with the scope running wild when using the Find button. Any help or comments would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks Ken

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins