Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Extraterrestrial Radar

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Frank/">Frank on March 11, 1998 14:30:17 UTC

Hello my name is Frank Lombard and I have a question as to the practical approach to listening for extraterrestrial radar. Deep space radar signals would operate at short wave lengths, use polarization methods and transmit short pulses. Can SETI listen for these signals? Also Considering that radar systems range over a spectrum of 1.2 GHZ to 10 GHZ or perhaps even higher, could SETI bandwidth be too narrow to find such a signal? Finally could the search for a signal with a intelligent message be the wrong approach? I would greatly appreciate any answers to these questions. Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins