Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Has Anybody Used Meade's 8" LX10?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Nikolidakis/">Nikolidakis on March 11, 1998 06:53:35 UTC

: : I'm about to enter into the world of amature astronomy : : and buy a new telescope. I've been eyeballing the : : Meade 8" LX10. Can anyone give testimonial on this : : product? : : Thanks and Regards, : : Beginner : Just bought my first scope, an 8" LX50. I looked : at the LX10 and it did not seem as stable (solid) : The tripod for the LX10 is not adjustable. You can : use the LX50 tripod, the cost is about $100 more.

: By the time I added the declenation motor, another : $80, the LX10, it was only about $250 less than : the LX50. If you can find the additional dollars, : the LX50 is worth it. : Good luck! It is the telescope i use for one year about i had problems in the focusing mecanism : no compare whith the celestron smooth focus, it is easy to loose colimation. no very good aligmnment ,parts made in china. The optical image of planets especialy in magnitude > 200 was not acceptable, The periodic error of telescope demand the eyes allways on the guiding star in the reticle eyepiece in the case of astrophotography. But it is very transportable and whith a lot of effort,and some modifications you can do a acceptable lob.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins