Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Meade DS-127EC /Autostar

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Jason Alexander/">Jason Alexander on November 23, 1999 02:37:09 UTC

Hello all,

When I was younger I enjoyed looking at the stars with a 60mm refractor made by a company called "Jason" Now it has been many years of school and college and the astronomy bug is again coming back paratially brought on by the shower the other night.

Now my skill that were once amature at best have slipped so that now I only remember and easy locate a few of the major constleation easily.

To feed my "bug" I was thinking of purchasing a Meade DS-125EC with autostar. I checked up on the articles in "Sky and Telescope" but unclear on what I should exect to see with it. I am inerested in looking at the planets and the moon and with the right fiters sometimes the sun. But I would also like to graze into deep space once in a while. I was wondering will this scope let me do this or do you think I would be wasting my money and should just wait until I can get a bigger scope.

Thanks in Advance Jason

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins