Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Voice From The Sky

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by mrbom on November 18, 1999 16:17:42 UTC

Dear friends, A little story: There is this guy who is interested in sound, especially sound in space. He figures out how to make a speaker that is very tiny, the size of a pin head. This is a unique piece of equipment. Not only is it small, but it speads up sound and relays it at a higher pitch. This guy is thinking the difference between all life is scale. If a human vioce, this guy thinks, is speed up and at a higher pitch, possibly in latin, then maybe smaller forms of life may get something out of this message. This guy get an ant and puts it next to the speakerand begins telling the ant how to make one of these speakers for itself. This second speaker being just as small to the ant, as the first speaker is to the guy. The ant seems very amazed but goes to work making the small speaker, with instructions to broadcast the same speaker instructions and message to a smaller life form to see how far the massage will travil. The massage goes very far, if distance could be discribed as the space between macro and micro. Then a message comes back to the guy. It is a stranglly worded latin message, and rightlly so, its been through different worlds, "We have reached the smallest, the atom, we can send no further." so the guy sends a message back saying to proceed sending the message to the last and smallest. Moments later a huge reverbed voice comes booming from the sky, "Hey, make a speaker the same as the one I speak to you on nowbut a hundred times smaller in comparison. . . "

Its a silly story but I got it on my mind. I dont know If this short version is understandable, but if so , what do you think this guy could do with this technology? MrBom

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins