Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Draco

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bill B. on October 22, 1999 04:04:42 UTC

: : : : : : I am really frustrated. I need help on finding the constalation draco. please help me!!!

: : : : : : : : Please just post it on this site

: : Hi Reba, Draco IS a very frustrating constellation. It's brightest star is 2nd magnitude. The best way I can describe is: Find Vega in Lyra, find the brightest star in the actual dipper part of Ursa Minor, Beta Ursa Minoris.(Not Polaris which is at the end of the handle) The brightest star in Draco lies about 1/3rd of the way between Vega and Beta Ursa Minoris. Draco stretches a long way but it never catches your eye as it is a rather faint grouping of stars. If it had brighter member stars, the snakelike appearance would be obvious.(hence the name Draco)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins