Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: 5mm Orthoscopic Or Pentax 5.2mm

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bill B./">Bill B. on October 18, 1999 04:24:46 UTC

: I own a Celestron C102HD. I've seen in ads that : for planetary viewing, nothing beats an orthoscopic eyepiece. I love my Pentax 7mm 65 deg : but a 5.2 Pentax costs 3 times as much as a 5mm : orthoscopic. Disregarding cost, and 80% use on : planetary viewing / 20% on galaxies & deep space, : which eyepiece would you purchase?

Jay, I own a set of Brandon Orthos and they are excellent planetary eyepieces. I've read reviews on the UO orthos and they perform about as good as the Brandons; difference is the cost: Brandons around $180 each, UO orthos about $55.00. For deep sky viewing the widefields are a real plus. Plossls are a good allround type.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins