Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Message To Kip Crawford

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Larry Usrey on October 5, 1999 19:37:54 UTC

Kip, You are the only one who replied to counting Leonid meteors this coming November. I once spent a summer in Tacoma and know what you are talking about with the weather up there. If I remember right it rained almost every day while I was there. Very depressing and almost no astromomy happening. Beautiful area though. I'm from the Reno Nevada area and last year I headed south from here for clear sky for the Leonids and like I said I ended up about 80 miles or so north of Las Vegas. Like I said some of the meteors that I saw burnt up between the bottom of the clouds and the ground. Were you serious when you said that there were 125 ground strikes? If so were any recovered and what type of material were they, iron? stoney??? I don't know if this will interest you or not but the place where I watched the shower from last year was directly west of area 51 (Dreamland) and I photographed 3 or 4 (In the strictest sense of the word) U.F.O.'s, Hard to say what they were since that is a test flight area but they were weird moving bright orange lights. I hope you have clear sky for this years shower or hopefully meteror storm. If you would like to contact me other than in this forum my E-mail address is starman12@hotmail.com. clear skys Starman

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins