Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Need Advice On Buying The Right Scope

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Larry Usrey on August 20, 1999 21:01:45 UTC

All three of the scopes you have mentioned are good scopes I am sure you would be happy with any one of them however I have noticed a 6" f/5 Newtonian from Orion Telescopes that appears to be a excellent scope that I would probably buy myself if I were looking for something in that apature range. Their cost is $599.00 + $49.00 frt. their part number is #9403. I am sure they would be happy to send you their catalog if you contact them www.telescope.com or 800-676-1343 good luck. : Help! Please! : I'm new to all this and trying to decide which scope : to buy. I'm looking into three very different models : that are in the same price range, under $500. : 1. A Meade 4.5" reflector, 900mm, f/8 : with the AUTOSTAR system : 2 A skyQuest XT8 8" Dobsonian, 1200mm, : f/8, 44.5" long metal tube. : 3. A Meade 8" Dobsonian, f/6.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins