Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Nexstar 5 ?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Brad/">Brad on August 18, 1999 02:54:42 UTC

: anyone had a chance to use celestrons new computer s-c scope? i guess it is their response to meades etx-ec scopes... I am wondering how it performs and if anyone knows any specific details about the scope (reviews?)

: de

I spent the better part of three hours talking about telescopes today with a technician. Most of the talk was about Nexstar5. It isnt due out until mid september dealers have a floor model and that is it for right now. Sounds great to me but I am a novice. I do know (in my opinion) that there is no contest between the nexstar and the etx although the etx may do the job it is built largely of plastic and doesnt appear to be the scope the nexstar is. The tube is a old favorite of celestron and proven. The etx 125 is having serious problems with the early models.

Brad

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins