Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Advice On Eps

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by L Madia on August 28, 2004 03:57:58 UTC

Hi,

Since you have 2 good eps as of now and a 2 x barlow I would recommend a 32mm. I have a whole slew of eps, but really only use the two you mentioned, a 2x barlow and a GTO 32mm ep.

Also, you might consider a 15mm ep.

With those 4 ep's you will have 32mm, 25mm, 15mm, and 10mm. While using the barlow you will also have 16mm, 12.5mm, 7.5mm, and 5mm. That should be more than enough.

You can go with the Orion Sirius Plossl or check out some bargin eps form outfits such as Hands On Optics. The Hands on Optics house brand are called GTO's and usually run approx $35 to $40 each. Check out their web site at Hands on Optics.

I hope that helps

Lenny
WV

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins