Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
F/4 Collimation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Greg Eckes on October 31, 2003 04:18:48 UTC

Jarvis,

Tahnks for the reply. I would love to see some photos of your scope. I was thinking about rebuilding my scope as you suggested. I have the red tube.

My collimation story is to long to write here but in a nut shell. When I look through the eyepiece down the tube the diagonal is not concentric with the focusing tube. The reflection from the secondary (highest point of the diagonal)touches the right side of the tube. The lowest end is not equal distance. it appears to be farther to the right. I moved the secondary forward and drilled new holes. I got the secondary to look correct but the reflection on the focuser was never centered in all the other reflections. I used the scope but found the imagers lacking. The next day I moved the secondary back to the original spot and some how all the reflections line up perfectly. The image is great. The only problem seems to be the the secondary is again not concentric or equal distant as seen in through the focuser. I am just wondering how much light I am loosing if it is being cut off by the focusing tube. I hope you can understan this. Is you secondary centered in the focuser and is you secondary centered in the main tube or off set (lowered) slightly?

Greg

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins