Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Well,

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob Sal on September 9, 2003 21:22:51 UTC

I tell you. All the eyepieces you mentioned will give you a better picture than your getting with the eyepieces that came with the scope. In my opinion, I prefer a smaller focal length eyepiece over a 2x barlow. In other words, I'd rather use a 6MM than a 12MM and 2x barlow. Depending on the focal length of your telescope you could probable go down to a 5MM or 6MM. You don't want too much magnification, you won't be able to focus. I have a 12"LX200 f/10 scope and with the 14MM eyepiece I get 218X. Most nights that's about the most magnification I can use and still have an acceptable focus. Now that's mostly for the planets. For DSO's I stay more around 75x to 135x for the best views. I go for more sometimes especially with globular clusteres and planetary nebulars but I rarly look at anything except the moon over the 218X with the 14MM. I have the 8MM Radian that gives me 386X, but that much magnification just doesn't focus well enough unless it's really still air. It's a great eyepiece, I've used it other scopes and it's outstanding, but it just too much magnification on the 12". So again, any of the Panoptics, Televiews Radians or Naglers are great and will give you a better picture. Good Luch. Keep us posted.
That's it;
BOB SAL

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins