Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Moving Objects..

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Anthony on January 10, 2003 17:41:38 UTC

Thank Gents..

I placed the same question on a forum in howstuffworks.com. The reply I received was similar. Basically it's a good quality scope. But he did bring out one problem that caused him to regret purchasing the scope.

Namely that the objects move off the scope to fast and since it's not an Equatorial mounted scope, tracking it becomes a real problem. I think he is being sincere but his tolerance for tracking the object maybe a bit low. From what I'm reading on the net, dobsonians are extremely popular. I don't believe they would be so if this was a major drawback.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins