Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I've Seen That Scope

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob Sal on January 9, 2003 18:56:20 UTC

At a public starparty. The guy was happy with it. Seemed sturdy. He said it was real easy to assemble from the car to the field. What I didn't like, and this is true of all Dobs 10" and under, it was very low to the ground. Look at the picture with the guy leaning on it. You need a stool to sit on while observing even at the zenith. You'll have to crouch low for stuff half way down the from the zenith to the horizon. I also didn't like the position of the finder scope, too close to the eyepiece. Other than that, it had pretty good images. I didn't spend a lot of time with it, but I did check it out. You know, for $100 more you can get the Meade LDX55 5" refractor with the Autostar controll and everything. A 5" refractor is a great scope! You can get the eyepiece deal to, 8 plossl's for $99. I've seen the 6" version, excellent scope. You can save up for a 12" (or bigger) Dob later. Just a suggestion. The XT 10 is a good scope, you'll be happy with that if that's the way you decide to go.
That's it;
BOB SAL

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins