Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks Much!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Katski on November 21, 2002 14:45:23 UTC

Ive discovered a little trick that seems to work very well. My scope has an optic piece (I don't know what its called) that attaches to the focusing aperture. It is angled at about 45 degrees and has a mirror that is supposed to correct image reversal at the EP. If I place the barlow first, this device next and the EP last, my images become much clearer. Using the 20mm in this way provides me with a view much like using the 6mm alone. I was able to site Jupiter and pick out four of its moons. Using the 6mm with the barlow in this way also allowed for a better image than before, however there was a fair amount of degredation. I have also noticed that there is an abberation of some sort on the mirror of this "unnamed" device and since it is sealed I can not clean it. My next attempt (probably this evening) will be to view objects without this device and see what I can get. Thanks for your advice, I am hoping to get an opportunity to view some Messier objects as soon as I can get to a spot that has less pollution. Ive been viewing in my backyard in a small city during a full moon! Thanks again

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins