Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Barlow Help Please

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by David Katski on November 21, 2002 07:19:40 UTC

Ive been into this hobby now for about 6 mos. My wife purchased a telescope for me over the internet, but had no knowledge of what to look for in buying a telescope. So now I have a Galileo cc-2 f800 x 60 refractor with two EPs, an HR20mm and a HF6mm plus a 3x barlow. I have since learned that a 3x barlow is essentially useless for my scope, so I was able to find and purchase a .96 2x barlow. I still cannot seem to resolve images to a descent focus, especially planets. I get more detail using the 6mm eyepiece alone than when I use the 20mm with the barlow. Does anyone have any suggestions other than buying a newer and better system?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins