Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Have A Look At These Binoviews

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Salam on November 15, 2002 13:02:36 UTC

Hi jake,

I've just gone thru the same hunt for a set of binoviews. i was all set the get the Televue binos until I stumbled across The Denkmeier binoview (http://home.mchsi.com/~darksky/). These look very well made and Russ (the owner) will give you your money back if you return them no questions asked (return within 30 days. All the reviews I've read rate the Denkmeier equal to or slightly better optics than the Televue and are a lot cheaper at US599. The other comment I keep hearing is that the Televue looks very cheaply put together, "plasticky". Check out the review at http://www.cloudynights.com/accessory.htm. Look at the "Binoviewers shootout(5 binos comparred)" under binoviewers. I emailed the author of the review and he confirmed that the Denkmeier is on parr if not slightly better in optics than the Teleview. I emailed a few of the people on the Denkmeier home page that have posted their experience with the Denkmeier and they all are basically floored with the optics and using 2 eyes instead of 1. The Denkmiers will be increased to US699 at the begining of 2003. My set will be arriving in a couple of days so will post on how the look. Also, if you are using a SCT you do not need the corrector, its only for dobs so they can reach focus. Good luck. Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins