Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Bubkas In The Barlow!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by M.malach on August 7, 2002 09:16:44 UTC

i'm Really fresh with this telescope stuff, so please don't point & laugh at me! or at least not both at the same time!
seriously, i'll be damned if i can see anything at all through the barlow---one problem is where i live, you can almost read a book amidst the light pollution, which is frustrating because once you've got anything in sight(using just the "normal" e.p.), it takes so long to adjust & focus on that by the time the scope stops vibrating, the object has moved out of range! arrrggg! i can't seem to use the barlow at all & there is no one around here who is into star-gazing(!!) that i can collaborate with. it seems like i can see more with binoculars, except i can't hold them steady enough---i know i'm missing out on some pretty cool stuff---any suggestions? would be very much appreciated!!

Peace!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins