Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
LX200 EP's

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tom Simpson on May 9, 2002 06:00:29 UTC

Bob, just got my 12" this week. I spent my time while waiting for it's delivery buying accessories. One EP I bought was the GTO Proxima 31mm. Like BobSal, I too prefer the 2" EP's. They really do make a big difference. I set my scope up for the first time tonight and found myself just loving that 31mm though I must admit that the 17mm Televue Nagler I bought is just exceptional. I mean really unbelievable. Though I tested all my EP's, I found myself using these two all night long. I do think I would like a really sharp 6-10mm. If any of you hear of any really good 2"ers I would like to know. I have a Lanthanum 5.2mm but It's just not sharp enough.
Did you catch that lineup of Jupiter's moons last night. Incredible!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins