Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Eyepiece Change Or Aperature Change Due To Light Pollution?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Scott Simon on May 3, 2002 12:23:51 UTC

I'm faced with a new set of apartments that have encroached within 300 yards of my home. The parking lights and the city of Claksville background light pollution have ruined the sky! Some of you have to obeserve under these terrible conditions, I need your advice. How do you do it? I have a G8 8" SCT with lots of bucks tied up in this scope over the years. I purchased a Meade 2" LPR but this has not helped at all bringing in the deep sky objects. Now I barely see M81 and M82 as just small wisps and puffs. I can only get them now at close to the zenith. They are less than a 8 magnitude. All the other beautiful objects are gone. My EP's are not Naglers but mostly Celestron and Meade. Would it help me to buy the better Naglers to see better? Should I sell off my scopes and move to a Dob for more Aperature? Would a change in EP's along with a filter recommendation do the job? What are your thoughts? Help please! A sad and dis-heartened disabled astronomer... Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins