Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
50x Rule

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Don McCrady on April 29, 2002 22:51:01 UTC

Totally agree. I currently have a small scope, and get my most satisfying views with my 25mm, giving 40x and a 1 degree field.

For planets it's nice to push the magnfication to the limit, but I totally agree that when the loss of detail is noticed, you've jumped beyond the magnfication limit... time to step back to a lower power.

When my 12.5"-er arrives, it'll come with a nice 30mm eyepiece giving nearly 1 degree TFOV. I know that'll be my most-used eyepiece. But it'll be nice to have the 9.7mm and 4mm and Barlow eyepieces around for those occasions when the atmosphere will allow it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins