Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Orion Eyepieces

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob Sal on February 20, 2002 14:18:39 UTC

The Orion Serius Plossl's are real good for the money. The real expensive eyepieces ($300 range)are kind of a waste on a smaller telescope. Everyone seems happy with the Orion Serius Plossl. I have the 40MM and 17MM. I use them on my 80MM refractor. Nice and sharp. It's good to hold off on the barlow. I have one, never use it. I used it a few times to get real high magnification with the 10MM eyepiece. A 5MM would have done the same thing and been better. Most people never use it to fill in the gaps with bigger eyepieces. Some will, but why use the barlow and the 25MM if you have a 12MM or 14MM or even 10MM. There's not really that much difference between say 100x and 115x. Three or four eyepieces will give you a pretty good range. You may want to go with a 32MM or 40MM also.
That's it;
BOB SAL

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins