Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Some Eyepieces I Use

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jeremy Bumgardner on December 31, 2001 22:38:41 UTC

Hello. My friend and I share a Meade 12" LX200 at his observatory. We have a wide variety of eyepieces. Quite frankly i'm not sure which ones we have because it is at his house and he has purchased most of the eyepeices. But i'll tell you about the ones that we regularly use that are fantastic. We have a Meade 14mm Ultra Wide angle eyepeice. This thing is fantastic. It yeilds exrtemely bright sharp images of planets and other objects. Another one we have that is probably my favorite is an Orion 50mm Ultra Wide. This thing is encridible. It has yeilded some of the best veiws of the Orion Nebula that I have ever seen the nebulosity even without a filter is tremendous. The eye relief of both of these eyepieces or great too. One more that we use is the Meade 40mm Plossol series. It is great for wide field views of anything with a lower price than the other two. All of these eyepieces have great optics and are a big plus for viewing. Another little toy we like to play with is the Televue Bino-vue. It is just like a binocular. You use two eyepieces, we use Meade 26.5mm plossol. You can adjust the Bino-vue to fight your eyesight just like binoculars making the two eyepieces closer or father apart to fight you specifically. The optics are unbelievable. We mostly enjoy looking at globular clusters with this and some bright nebula. When you look through it makes the images pretty much 3-d and while looking at the globular cluster M13 it makes you feel like you are swimming through it giving you a real depth perseption of stars closer and farther away from you. All these are great additions to what optics you already have and once you try them you can't help but love them. Even though they are a little pricey, the Bino-vue is $1100, they are what you probably want. Well there you go and good luck.
Jeremy

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins