Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob Sal on December 12, 2001 19:50:28 UTC

The 82 degree field is great. Once you get used to it, other eyepieces look like your looking down a tunnel at a circle at the bottom. 60 degrees is still not bad. I have the 8MM Radian which I bought for the 20MM eye relief. I don't wear glasses but I don't like getting as close to the eyepiece as most of the smaller eyepieces require. For example, the Meade 8.8MM ultra wide 84 degree, you need to get so close to the eyepiece it's hard to see the entire 84 degrees. The Radians are very comfortable and highly recommended for eyeglass wearers. They have adjustable eyeguards. Also check the size Nagler your looking at. It may be for 2" only and I'm sure your tacso accepts 1.25 only.
Question? Your know these eyepieces are very expensive. Radians are $228 each and Naglers are all over $300. Your scope was only around $200. Are you sure you want to spend that much on eyepieces for a cheap scope? But then again, when you get a better scope, you'll have good eyepieces. Note also the better eyepieces will not improve the image on the tasco very much. You really start to notice the difference on better and larger scopes. My expensive eyepieces on my 80MM refractor didn't improve the image much compaired to the Serius Plossl's I have from the Orion catalog. They were only $50 each. But on my big scope, the expensive eyepiece blow them away.
That's it;
BOB SAL

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins