Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Both Can Be Right

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kip Crawford on November 12, 2001 19:19:36 UTC

I see where Jarvis is coming from and I agree with BobSal on EP combo's, but not everybody has that kind of EP compliment...well I can safely say a small precentage does. It wouldn't hurt to have a barlow handy. I myself use a TeleVue powermate APO. I don't necessarly use it all the time, but I don't have hundreds dollars invested in optical accessories either. I use the barlow on planetary and lunar viewing and photography (not CCD). I go to alot of star parties and the percentage of folks with BobSals assortment is small. Blame economics. Of course building up your EP assortment without a Barlow is OK and somewhat encouraged, but necessarily the "correct" route. My assortment is relatively small. I use TV Plossls and a one 7mm Radiun and a TV APO Barlow. I use them all without sacrificing too much. I too use a LX200 (10") and large Dobs reflectors and I have on occasion used a barlow. Wouldn't hurt just have one handy. Just in case. That is my 2 cents. Good Luck with the scope when it comes.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins