Back to Home

Eyepieces Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Eyepieces | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Looking For The Holy Grail Of EP's

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Michael Stephan on June 20, 2001 13:41:35 UTC

I just finished a 6" f/6.78 dob that has good/super contrast images with some of my odd ball collection of ep's:
Edmund 28mm RKE, Celestron 25mm Ortho,Univ.Optics 20mm Kelner, EDSCORP 12.5mm Ortho,Celestron 10mm Plossl, and a 2x Meade Barlow.

I want to now "invest" in some ep's that will really help me develop my enjoyment of the quality of my new scope and save my old ep's for public night.

What is the Holy Grail of ep's. Locally I can only borrow Meade, Celestron, and Orion and maybe Telvue EP's for comparison. What about the Brandon's, Pentax, Clave, Takahashi, Zeiss, and the other exotics. I guess it would be nice to have a set of "unique" brand ep's to share with the group.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins